General library collection (checked 1.01.2021) is 2 537 394 paper book items, 33 562 electronic resources (includes 6 376 electronic textbooks of KPI lecturers), subscribed data bases: Scopus and Web of Science; access to full texts of journals and e-books of international publishing house Springer Nature.
Rare and Valuable Documents Department of Scientific and Technical Library of Kyiv Polytechnic contains many literary monuments that depict the history of the development of Ukrainian and foreign science and technics.
- Unique book editions – single courses in technical disciplines, multi-volume collections of academic papers, rare textbooks of the beginning of the XIX century, works of Ukrainian and world classics of science and technics, biographical dictionaries, reference editions;
- Foreign and Ukrainian old printed books;
- Literature on KPI history;
- Collections of miniature editions;
- Collection of lithographed textbooks.
Historical studies and research materials are published by the department’s employees on the pages of the «Early Books of the Kyiv Polytechnic» blog and eponymous page on Facebook. Anyone interested in these materials can see them there.
The exchange fund is universal in its content and includes books, collections of scientific works, periodicals and continuing publications, conference materials, etc.
List of the books for exchange
For more information on the book exchange please contact the Acquisition and Scientific Processing of Documents Department.
+38 (044) 204-97-53
A collection of new Acquisitions consists of the publications that the Library received during the last three months. You can overview the new acquisitions by the link.
Also special collections contain Documents of KPI social life. This is a collection of interesting findings from books, archival materials and gifts to the Library, which is stored in the fund of rare and valuable documents.
Collection contains editions dedicated to the gender topics.
- Periodicals – journals, scientific bulletins, notes of various scientific organizations;
- Periodical journals of Igor Sikorsky KPI – a collection of periodicals from the library storage and those donated by the departments of the University.