How about a travel to the Moon next week?
The trip will be headed by lecturer and earth satellite guide Iuliana Kuznetsova, the researcher of Main Astronomical Observatory of NAS of Ukraine.
During the online lecture and travel we will receive answers to the questions:
- what is the value and practical use of the Moon for the people of Earth?
- what is on the other side of our Orb of Night;
- how many research expeditions have been sent to the Moon and what interesting they brought from there to Earth?
- is the life existence possible on Moon surface or beneath it, and why humanity needs Moon
So, if you are tired of the heat and quarantine on planet Earth, welcome to explore the Moon with us!
Meet us here.
Conference identifier: 824 9980 7776
How long it was that you opened the Constitution of Ukraine? And when did you read it thoroughly? Long ago?
Then the librarians run to rescue you! To the Constitution Day in Ukraine we organize Public readings of this extremely important document and invite you to join online-marathon. Constitution will be read by the librarians from different corners of Ukraine: from small public
to large, national libraries.
So we will meet on the 25th of June, at 11:00 in zoom-conference by the link.
Conference identifier: 719 157 3422
Join us and remember, that maximal number of participants is 100 people.
For those who will not be able to join we will save the video.
Webinar cycle «Researcher academic integrity» gains momentum!
On the 24th of June 2020 at 11 a.m. a meeting will be held for the researchers, postgraduates, young scientists, and everyone interested in the topic “How not to die in the thickets of journal editions” that will consider dishonesty in publication activity.
Join and get to know more about:
- process of choosing an academic journal for publication;
- evaluation criteria of the article level by reviewers;
- informal things that attract the attention of the reviewers;
- life-hacks of young scientists to guarantee a successful review of the article (apart from the high academic level, of course).
Webinar speaker: Serhiy Kozmenko, Doctor of economic sciences, co-founder of the publishing
company «Business Perspectives».
The webinar will be in the format of the interview, so prepare interesting and even provocative
Registration till 16:30 of 23rd of June via the link.
«On the history of engineering education» is the theme of the next lecture of the historical cycle Think about it.
It will be interesting to think together about:
- history of engineering in higher education in different countries around the world;
- factors that influenced the development of engineering profession;
- distance that divides in time first engineering constructions and inventions from the appearance of first special engineering schools;
- phenomenal composition of the mind of the legendary and prominent engineers of the past.
All that and some more we will discuss during the online meeting on Tuesday, 9 of June, at 17:00.
Maryna Miroshnychenko, the foundator of educational project «Historical studies», the head of the rare and valuable books department of KPI Library will be the speaker.
Conference identifier: 895 6360 1028
Lecture will definitely be useful for the experienced engineers as well as for those who only plan to enter the engineering faculty. And also to the historians, local historians, experts in higher education.
Come and visit this travel in time with special atmosphere.
The last meeting of Library KPI marathon of societies has chemistry vector and promises to be interesting for the students as well as for the teachers!
On 20 May at 18:00 docent of electrochemical production technology department, Heorhiy Vasyliev will tell about chemical KPI society.
In zoom-conference we will hear about:
- engaging students into the scientific work;
- possibility to realize own ideas in the field of chemistry;
- main directions of students’ scientific work within the framework of the clubs;
- how to get into the club and why chemistry is interesting and perspective.
Conference identifier: 856 0931 5876
We invite you to the presentation of ecological projects of the university libraries.
We will talk to the: Library of Sumy state university Бібліотека Сумського державного університету / SUMDU Library, Бібліотека КПІ / KPI Library, club ЕКО «ЛОТОС» of College of economics, law and informational technologies.
We will discuss questions:
- what to begin with?
- which activities can implement «green» library?
- what is «green» university? and more.
Event is appointed on the 21 May at 12:00 in zoom and with livestream at the page Movement «Green libraries» in Ukraine Рух «Зелені бібліотеки» в Україні.
Register in the form.
You want all together and in one vacation? You desire to understand what in traveling attracts you the most? You want receive maximum impressions for the money you spend? Then you should go to Tenerife!
That island is a pearl not only out of Canarian islands, but out of all the islands of Atlantics. Tenerife is very hospitable and has attractions for everyone: sunny beaches and warm ocean, gastronomic specialties of Mediterranean cuisine, fresh fruits, surfing, paragliding, night life, picturesque landscapes, mountains, tracking, ancient forests.
That is Tenerife where highly rated Hollywood movies are shot. Here you can ride rapid and quite dangerous serpentinous descents. Want to walk over the clouds? You are welcome! And those are not the all the advantages of the island.
A trip to Tenerife was spontaneous idea of Dmytro Karpov, and in result that travel became one of the best in life. That experience Dmytro will gladly share at the online-meeting that will take place on 21 May at 19:00. We will see the most beautiful locations, how and when to get them, preparation, aspects of organization, personal recommendations, and stories and fuck-ups that happened at the island.
You can register via Messenger.
Or with the website of Evening school of traveling.
The presenter Viktoriia Spashchenko is a coach, trainer and speaker, practitioner of Decision-Oriented approach, and author of practical guide «How to solve problems not discussing them. Decision-Oriented approach for managers and others».
You will get to know why the communication oriented on the decision (not on the problem) is the straight way to the desired changes, and also how «Decision-Oriented approach» is used by the journalists in different countries. We hope that the webinar will help you to decide whether you should apply that approach in your own life and professional activity.
For journalists, students, teachers, bloggers, activists of non-governmental organizations.
Time: 12:00 – 13:30
To attend please fill the form.
Webinar will be held at the ZOOM platform.
Registered participants will receive link.
Due to the epidemiological situation in the world and in Ukraine events at the KPI Library are cancelled from the 11th of March till the 1st of April. We will inform about the further actions
towards events at the Library by additional announcements.
The answer to this question we invite you to find together with Daryna Antonenko, the founder of the Ukrainian brand of craft accessories Re:ban.
Visit the lecture and get to know more about:
- the experience of having the idea of Re:ban brand and ecological business in general;
- term «upcycling»;
- bright Ukrainian examples of start-ups that provide upcycling.
Registration via link