All registered users can borrow documents from the Library collections at the loans desk (2nd floor) and the reading rooms during the Library opening hours. Before borrowing documents the readers have to pre-order them in the electronic catalogue.
- only students and staff of Igor Sikorsky KPI can take the borrowed items outside the library;
- other users can work with the materials only in the reading rooms;
- the service is free of charge.
How to use the service
- • to borrow the documents and use them outside the library or at the reading room, you should order them in the electronic catalogue using your reader’s card number*;
- the order will be submitted within 1 hour;
- to receive your order, visit the loan desk you chose. You have to bring your student or reader ID card: Igor Sikorsky KPI students can show students ID card, any other readers – reader cards;
- you can return the documents at any loan desk or within the Book return box (1st floor of the Library).
Within the online My Account service you can:
- order documents you would like to use;
- see the current loans and dates of their return;
- overview the history of my orders and borrowed and returned books;
- check the status of my orders;
- Renew the return date (only 2 times for one item)**.
You cannot take outside the library
- the only item of a certain book in the library collection;
- norms and specifications;
- rare and valuable materials;
- documents received within the interlibrary loan;
- documents from the reading rooms collections.
Overdue, lost and damaged materials
- your account will be blocked until you return all the overdue documents to the Library;
- if a book has been lost or damaged, you can replace it with the book of the same value if approved by the Library. You can receive consultation on the replacement of the publications at the loan desk (2nd floor).
*you do not have to order documents that have status «Reading room №…» because they are loaned to read only at the reading rooms
** you can not renew the educational materials that have the status «Academic year», because they already can be borrowed for 1 academic year