Journals Selection Criteria for Web of Science
Process of evaluation for Science Citation Index Expanded (SCIE), Social Sciences Citation Index (SSCI), Arts & Humanities Citation Index (AHCI)
During journals selection process to Web of Science, a complex of quantitative and qualitative factors are taken into account, including:
- Main publication standards:
- Peer review
- Publication ethics
- Publication format
- Timeliness of journals issues/volumes being published
- International publishing standards followed
- articles (or bibliographic information) in English
- Journal content (useful scientific content)
- International authors and editorial board
- Citation Analysis.
Journals evaluation process for ESCI
Criteria of evaluation for the scientific journal which applies for being indexed in scientometric database Emerging Sources Citation Index (ESCI) refer to publishing standards and journal content (scientific content and its format). These criteria include:
- Peer-reviewing (experts evaluation of the quality of research and proper bibliographic references and citations)
- Keeping ethical publishing practices
- Electronic format (XML, PDF)
- Bibliographic data in English
- Recommendation or request for coverage from Web of Science users.
Guidelines for electronic journals:
- Journal Title
- Year of publication
- Volume / or issue number of journal (if there are)
- Article title
- All the article identifiers including article number, pages numbers, digital object identifier – DOI, The Publisher Item Identifier (PII)
- Names and addresses od the Authors
- Full content for each of issues, including pages/articles numbers for each text published (if the journal does not publish separate articles)
Original text at the official website: THE WEB OF SCIENCE JOURNAL SELECTION PROCESS (By James Testa, Vice President, Editorial Development & Publisher Relations, updated 18 July 2016).
You can receive consultations on journal development according to the selection requirements of international databases at the Center for Education and Research Support (KPI Library, 4th floor, room № 4.4).