It is bright and hot, but has no moons.
It is called ‘sister’ of the Earth. But are they
What else is hiding behind its clouds «Mysterious planet Venus» ? The next week we will
get closer to the answer!
Online-lecture of our good fellow, research scientist of the Main Astronomy Observatory of
National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine Iuliana Kuznetsova will give answers to lots of your questions. One of them – is life possible on Venus?
20 th October, 19:00 in Zoom.
To provide enough places for the passengers of our starship, we ask you to register. The lecture will not be recorded.
Registration via link.
We will send link to the lecture in Zoom the day before the event to your e-mail.
KPI Library invites the representatives of academic periodicals, representatives of scientific conferences organizational committees on 19 th of October 2020 at 15:00 to visit scientific online seminar «Strategy development of academic publication».
- signs and criteria of quality journals;
- technical elements of scientific journal: website, ISSN, DOI;
- part, rights and obligations of author, peer-reviewers, members of editorial board;
- how to calculate citation number that has journal which is not indexed in Web of Science Core Collection;
- what journals to look up to, what can you borrow for the development of own journal;
- where and why journal has to be indexed, and what you should avoid;
- criteria and procedure of journal selection to Web of Science Core Collection;
- answers to the questions from the registration forms.
Presenter: Iryna Tykhonkova, PhD, Customer Education and Analytical Resources Specialist, Clarivate Analytics.
Participation is free. All the registered participants will receive on e-mail invitation with a link to the event.
Registration via link
KPI Library and the Ukrainian Library Association would like to invite you to participate in The II International Scientific and Practical Conference “Strategy Development of Libraries: from Idea to Implementation” , which will be held on 2-3 April 2020 in Kyiv.
All-Ukrainian library day is on the 30 th of September!
We invite you on this day – September, 30, 15:00 – to the online meeting «Library with you: KPI Library Strategy 2017-2020».
Four years ago we presented you the Strategy of our Library. Now we will share our achievements and challenges: how, where to, and, most important, for what and for whom we go forward all those years. You will get to know whether our strategy is only beautiful words on the paper, or live, working signpost for the KPI Library team.
That meeting is a possibility for us to check your and our clocks and compasses, share plans for the future, hear your thoughts. We work for you and we are interested in being the dream library in your eyes.
Join the discussion #TogetherWithLibrary.
Register via link.
Friends, we all have what to celebrate!
On the 1st of September 1980, the KPI Library building was opened.
From this date, we start counting the time of Library functioning in one space built by the individual project and on the initiative of the head of the institute H.I. Denysenko, whom the institute is named after now.
KPI Library was planned as a synthesis of book, architecture, art, and new technologies. Its building is situated in the center of campus at the Square of Knowledge. 40 years of changes,
initiatives, and history of thousands of people who were brought to the KPI Library by destiny. Now the Library works for everyone and is always happy to support your development. Its activity is our common interest and achievement.
So we congratulate us all and invite you to discuss memories and Library perspectives. We have what to recall and what to tell about.
Please register via the link and join us!
Place: ZOOM platform
Time: 1st September, 15:00
To become speaker of the event: write to Miroshnychenko Maryna Oleksandrivna at email@example.com or call the number +38 (044) 204-97-24
How about a travel to the Moon next week?
The trip will be headed by lecturer and earth satellite guide Iuliana Kuznetsova, the researcher of Main Astronomical Observatory of NAS of Ukraine.
During the online lecture and travel we will receive answers to the questions:
- what is the value and practical use of the Moon for the people of Earth?
- what is on the other side of our Orb of Night;
- how many research expeditions have been sent to the Moon and what interesting they brought from there to Earth?
- is the life existence possible on Moon surface or beneath it, and why humanity needs Moon
So, if you are tired of the heat and quarantine on planet Earth, welcome to explore the Moon with us!
Meet us here.
Conference identifier: 824 9980 7776
How long it was that you opened the Constitution of Ukraine? And when did you read it thoroughly? Long ago?
Then the librarians run to rescue you! To the Constitution Day in Ukraine we organize Public readings of this extremely important document and invite you to join online-marathon. Constitution will be read by the librarians from different corners of Ukraine: from small public
to large, national libraries.
So we will meet on the 25th of June, at 11:00 in zoom-conference by the link.
Conference identifier: 719 157 3422
Join us and remember, that maximal number of participants is 100 people.
For those who will not be able to join we will save the video.
Webinar cycle «Researcher academic integrity» gains momentum!
On the 24th of June 2020 at 11 a.m. a meeting will be held for the researchers, postgraduates, young scientists, and everyone interested in the topic “How not to die in the thickets of journal editions” that will consider dishonesty in publication activity.
Join and get to know more about:
- process of choosing an academic journal for publication;
- evaluation criteria of the article level by reviewers;
- informal things that attract the attention of the reviewers;
- life-hacks of young scientists to guarantee a successful review of the article (apart from the high academic level, of course).
Webinar speaker: Serhiy Kozmenko, Doctor of economic sciences, co-founder of the publishing
company «Business Perspectives».
The webinar will be in the format of the interview, so prepare interesting and even provocative
Registration till 16:30 of 23rd of June via the link.
«On the history of engineering education» is the theme of the next lecture of the historical cycle Think about it.
It will be interesting to think together about:
- history of engineering in higher education in different countries around the world;
- factors that influenced the development of engineering profession;
- distance that divides in time first engineering constructions and inventions from the appearance of first special engineering schools;
- phenomenal composition of the mind of the legendary and prominent engineers of the past.
All that and some more we will discuss during the online meeting on Tuesday, 9 of June, at 17:00.
Maryna Miroshnychenko, the foundator of educational project «Historical studies», the head of the rare and valuable books department of KPI Library will be the speaker.
Conference identifier: 895 6360 1028
Lecture will definitely be useful for the experienced engineers as well as for those who only plan to enter the engineering faculty. And also to the historians, local historians, experts in higher education.
Come and visit this travel in time with special atmosphere.
The last meeting of Library KPI marathon of societies has chemistry vector and promises to be interesting for the students as well as for the teachers!
On 20 May at 18:00 docent of electrochemical production technology department, Heorhiy Vasyliev will tell about chemical KPI society.
In zoom-conference we will hear about:
- engaging students into the scientific work;
- possibility to realize own ideas in the field of chemistry;
- main directions of students’ scientific work within the framework of the clubs;
- how to get into the club and why chemistry is interesting and perspective.
Conference identifier: 856 0931 5876